Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA Flat 50-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
It took about 10 minutes to unpack and setup.
– To avoid squeezing the screen by lifting the TV out of the box, I tilted the opened box onto the couch and slid it out screen-side up.
– The box contained two feet, foot screws, cable-routing clips, remote control, batteries, power cable, and owner’s manual.
– The feet snap onto the bottom and are secured with two screws on each foot.
– The cable clips attach to the feet.
– The power cord is flush with the back of the TV when it is plugged in and drops straight down. Specifications are below.
– The home screen of the TV displays apps(Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.), input sources (HDMI, Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi), and web browser.
– The setup process for the apps (user names and passwords) is done with the remote and was painless.
– The remote has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Hulu, and Prime – convenient for me since I have accounts for all three.
– The TV will default to the last active source when it is turned on.
– The audio level is sufficient, but I plan to add a sound bar.
– The picture and colors (especially black) are incredible compared to my previous TV, a 10 year old LG.
– The TV is very light, I was able to mount it on the wall by myself. I only needed to use two mounting bolts in a single stud since it’s only 30 lbs.
– The cable inputs are easily accessible from the side of the TV
Weight – 30.00 lbs.
Dimensions w/o feet – 44.30″ x 25.60″ x 2.30″
Dimensions w/ feet – 44.30″ x 28.70″ x 10.30″
HDMI -3 In
LAN – Ethernet In
Wireless – Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
USB – 2
Digital Audio – 1 Optical Out
Composite A/V 1 – Component Video 1 In
RF In (Terrestrial/Cable Input): 1/1
RF In (Satellite Input): 1/1
Audio Return Channel Support (via HDMI port)
RS232C: Supports USB to Ex-Link Adapter
Backlighting: Edge-lit LED
Design: New Edge
Bezel Width: VNB
Slim Type: Slim
Stand Type (Color): Simple
4K Ultra HD Connected
Dimming Technology: UHD Dimming
Style: Flat Panel
TV Type: UHD
Motion Rate: Advanced 120
HDR (High-Dynamic Range): HDR
Picture Engine: UHD Engine
Sound Output (RMS): 20W
Speaker Type: 2CH
Bluetooth Headset Support
Smart Hub: Yes (incl. Sports, Music and TV Plus)
Apps Platform: Smart TV with Apps and Full Web Browser
Works with Google Assistant
Works with Alexa
Digital Clean View
Auto Channel Search
Auto Motion Plus
OSD Language: English, Spanish, French
InstaPort S (HDMI Quick Switch)
Electronic Program Guide (Channel Guide)
Game Mode: Yes (Auto Game Mode)
USB HID Support
Auto Power Off
Mobile to TV – Mirroring, DLNA
TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
Received this product today. It was in EXCELLENT QUALITY when I received it. Easily un-boxed and able to set-up. All items were present. I have to say this was the quickest set-up I’ve ever had for any type of device (T.V, PC, Laptop, Phone, etc.). Although I did a bit of research before I purchased this device through Amazon. Then after I ordered it and while I was waiting for delivery I did a bit of reading on this site (reviews & Q&A’s) just to have an “edge” when it came time to set it up. When all was said & done it probably was an hour to hour and a half from opening the box to setting back down on the couch after all was done.
Once you read through all the Q&A’s, and about 75% of them are questions that have been asked two to three times, you’ll have ALL of your questions answered so once your t.v. is delivered you have a plan of action and push right through that set-up.
Here are the biggest “complaints” that are non-sense when dealing with a ROKU t.v.:
A. It doesn’t COST A PENNY TO SET UP A ROKU ACCOUNT and activate your T.V…if for some reason you come across a site or a phone call demanding payment in order to activate your t.v…hang up or whatnot, and reevaluate (i.e. make sure you have the correct website typed in or the correct phone number dialed in). You can activate your roku t.v. with a “free” roku account. You don’t even have to put in a credit card.
B. You get what you pay for…Yes, while that is true in every aspect of life you can get a good deal without having to pay out the butt. I believe this is one of those times!!
C. This item DOES NOT COME WITH A WALL MOUNT. If you want to wall mount it you buy the mount yourself. If you want to specifications of what size wall-mount to buy they are all in the directions that come with the t.v. While I didn’t wall mount it (I just used the stands that come with the set) If I wanted to all I had to do was either read through the Q&A’s (as that question has been asked over 20 times) or just read through the “directions” booklet provided with the T.V.
D. If you want to use your phone as your “roku remote” all you have to do is d/l the app from your store (G-Play or apple) and you’re good to go. No, the roku remote doesn’t have numbers on it and yes it does have volume control on the side of it. Just remember, both your phone and your T.V. have to both be on the same wi-fi connection in order for your phone to work as the remote, if not, then it’s a NO-GO!!
E. If you have satellite, cable, etc…YES, it works with this T.V., along with Wi-fi. The model I have doesn’t work with Ethernet or bluetooth, but TCL does have models that do work with Bluetooth & ethernet.
Be a bit proactive, it’ll save you a bunch of time in the end!
As I stated earlier, it didn’t take any time at all for me to set this up from beginning to end. Take a bit of time and do some research!!
This set is great quality and you are easily able to adjust it to your liking in the settings menu. Every aspect of this set is adjustable. I couldn’t be happier with the amount I paid for it!!!
Try it, YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!
In the pictures below, one of the pics is the front of the set and the other is a side shot showing the thickness of the set along with the fact that there aren’t a million plugs coming from the back area.
Return back to Home